Filipinas experience extreme humidity whether indoors at home or outdoors especially during the rainy season. There are health risks that everyone might encounter like dehydration, fatigue, muscle cramps, heat exhaustion, fainting, and heat stroke.
Changes that make most women uncomfortable with humidity:
- Hair becomes more frizzy;
- Skin is prone to breakouts, and generally feels more itchy and sticky throughout the day;
- Unpleasant feeling within their intimate areas (This is what most women don’t share)
Tips from Carefree ambassador Rei Germar that can help beat the kulob and icky feels throughout the day this rainy season:
1. Always have rainy-day essentials ready.
This includes having foldable umbrellas, raincoats, and even small towels to keep yourself dry from the rain.
2. Use Carefree pantyliners to keep your intimate areas clean and fresh all day.
Make sure to use some Carefree pantyliners throughout the day! Keep a couple of pieces in your essentials pouch so you can keep changing throughout the day in between activities.
There are different variants for different needs:
Carefree Breathable for the clean, airy panty feeling all day,
Carefree Super Dry to protect your panty from heavy daily discharge,
Carefree Healthy Fresh for superior odor-control.
3. Touch up your look with makeup and some perfume
A quick touch up on your look is such a mood booster! Knowing that you look my best throughout the day also helps combat the icky feeling you get, especially when the weather is gloomy.
Dr. May Gonzaga, gynecologist, also shares a few tips that can help Filipinas keep their intimate area clean and fresh during this time of the year. Dr. Gonzaga notes “Humid season are the times we should pay more attention to our personal hygiene and intimate areas
- It makes women more prone to infections. As anything that increases the retention of heat, sweat, and wetness can lead to intimate discomforts and more importantly
- it can make the abnormal bacteria flourish and thrive which can lead to vulvar, vaginal, and urinary tract infections, peculiar foul smelling, and abnormal unwanted discharges from the intimate area.
To avoid and minimize the building-up of the bad bacteria in the intimate area and thereby prevent possible infections & the discomfort that goes with it,
Recommended Healthy Lifestyle by Dr. Gonzaga:
1. Practicing a habit of good feminine “hygiene”
- Wash and wipe always from front to back!
- Use water and mild soaps only.
- Wash the intimate area once to two times a day is adequate. Once you over-wash, you will wash away the good, healthy bacteria. And when this happens the ‘bad’ bacteria may colonize and give symptoms of unpleasant odors, discharge, and infections.
2. Wear breathable clothes
- Using cotton, comfortable underwear instead of those synthetic fiber panties which can lead to irritation, itchiness, inflammation, and even infections.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes like tight undergarments, tight skinny jeans or tight pants, tight leggings which does not allow air to pass in your intimate area. Because our intimate area also needs to breathe. By allowing fresh air to pass through the area, it minimizes perspiration and gives one more comfort and is less prone to irritation and infections.
3. Use natural ang hypoallergenic pantyliners
By using a natural, thin, light, unscented, comfortable, cotton, hypoallergenic pantyliners to keep the vulvar area clean and dry the whole day.
Changing every 3 to 5 hours a day depending on the day of cycle is recommended. This is to prevent vaginal irritations, itching, inflammation, infections and unpleasant odors and discharges from occurring.
Alex Burgos, brand manager, shares “As the leading pantyliner brand, Carefree believes that Filipinas should not be bothered and not be accustomed to the icky sensation within the vaginal area. We advocate for women to not only just be clean, but be Carefree clean.”
To know more about the #CarefreePantyLove Movement visit and follow our social media accounts at https://www.facebook.com/CarefreePH/ and @carefee.ph on Instagram and TikTok. Carefree pantyliners are available in all leading supermarket and drugstore nationwide, as well as on our official company store in Shopee and Lazada