About Emirates SkyCargo
- Through its state-of-the-art hub in Dubai, Emirates SkyCargo transports cargo to 150 destinations across a global network spanning six continents.
- The air cargo carrier offers customers cargo capacity on its modern fleet of all wide-body Boeing 777, Airbus A380 aircraft and dedicated freighters – 11 Boeing 777-Fs and 2 747-Fs.
- It operates two state-of-the-art cargo terminals at its hub in Dubai, offering transit times of as little as three hours air-to-air. The terminals offer a total cargo capacity of around one million tonnes per year, with the ability to raise this to 1.3 million tonnes.
📣 What’s New ❓
Dubai, UAE, May 15, 2023 – Emirates SkyCargo has added 2 Boeing 747-400Fs to its freighter fleet, showing its strong confidence in the global cargo market in a current environment of volatility.
🛫 Emirates fleet of over 300 aircraft by mid-2030 will offer expanded cargo flexibility, capacity and capability from a mix of belly-hold on A350s, A380s, 777s, and on dedicated freighters.
Emirates Sky Cargo’s Product Categories
- General cargo
- Courier Services 🚚
- Post Office Mail
- Life Sciences & Healthcare
- Live Animals & Pets
- Valuables & Vulnerables
- Vehicle transportation
- Specialized Soultions
- Customized Solutions
What to Expect from Emirates Sky Cargo:
- more freighters to join its fleet from announced orders
- its freighter conversion program
- a boost in belly-hold capacity from new passenger aircraft deliveries starting with Airbus A350s in late summer 2024, followed by 777-Xs the year after.
- a double its existing capacity, add over 20 new destinations to its freighter network,
- offer even more flexibility and services to its customers with a fleet mix of over 300 wide-body aircraft comprising: 777s, 777-Fs, 747-Fs, A350s, and A380s.
“While the current market volatility may cause others to hesitate, Emirates SkyCargo is pushing full steam ahead with our plans. The medium to long term projections for global air cargo show an upward trajectory of between 3-5%. Combine that Dubai’s strategy to double its foreign trade where multi-modal logistics will play a big role, and the economic activity happening in markets around the Gulf, West Asia, and Africa, and the opportunity for Emirates SkyCargo is clear,”Nabil Sultan, Divisional Senior Vice President, Emirates SkyCargo.
Secured on a long-term wet-lease basis, the 2 Boeing 747-Fs complement Emirates SkyCargo’s existing fleet of 11 Boeing 777 freighters, and are currently being deployed to Chicago three times weekly, and to Hong Kong nine times weekly.
‘The World Works Better with Emirates SkyCargo’
Emirates SkyCargo launched a brand-new creative advertising campaign, showcasing how through every-day scenarios, the advert demonstrates how essential its logistics business is to connect people and products all around the world, whether that is through life-saving healthcare, fresh fruit, flowers, pets, or valuables.
Nabil Sultan, Divisional Senior Vice President, Emirates SkyCargo also added the following news:
- They can expand their freighter network and amplify the connectivity with the main Emirates network.
- The new fleet mix also gives them more flexibility to serve their different customers even better.
- Emirates SkyCargo is also investing to develop new products, and to speed up digitization and technology innovation.
- Emirates Sky Cargo intends to lead the market in delivering specialist solutions that are fast, reliable, flexible, and efficient. More exciting developments to come.
For more details and updates, you can check their website.