Technology has become an important aspect of our lives, especially during the pandemic. Everything is now digitized, so businesses and consumers must be well-versed with it. Packworks founders Hubert Yap, Bing Tan and Ibba Bernardo saw an opportunity to harness technology for good in our sari-sari stores. Limited access to technology has presented a barrier to sari-sari stores, particularly in remote parts of the country. They are dedicated to giving micro-entrepreneurs access to knowledge and tools that can help them digitally transform their business.
How Packworks Help Sari-sari Stores
Founded in 2018, Packworks launched a solution for the sari-sari store that aimed to provide them with the relevant technology.
- They help them grow by connecting them with multinational corporations to give them more opportunities.
- Today, the platform has evolved into a way to lift millions of sari-sari owners out of poverty in the Philippines.
- Through the Packworks Super Sari Store application, sari entrepreneurs have become more efficient in the management of their businesses. It has provided them with tools and a broader range of suppliers and financial products to help them thrive in challenging times.
Packworks founder Ibba Bernardo stated, “Packworks empowers sari-sari stores through scalable and accessible technology with its team composed of dedicated developers, programmers, and technicians that work to put power back into the hands of the people at the heart of Filipino communities by providing them with digital opportunities previously only available to big companies.”
The Packworks Super Sari Store App
- It is an easy to use app that uses low bandwidth and has a light footprint.
- It uplifts and changes the lives of thousands of sari-sari store entrepreneurs across the archipelago.
- It can be used offline, and the whole process of operation can be performed remotely, even without Internet access.
- It allows the users to process their businesses more efficiently with the goal of addressing the high cost of poverty.
Packworks’ Year-end Goals
- Packworks plans to cover 220,000 sari-sari stores by year-end.
- According to Packworks founder Bing Tan, Packworks aims to become a platform for other institutions that would like to help the base of the pyramid by addressing the sari-sari store challenge by enabling the value chain and enabling efficiency and transparency.
The journey will not stop there. In fact, this will make life even easier for owners of sari-sari stores with the launch of a purchase-order-to-receiving-system where their inventory is updated automatically. Packworks has also launched promotional discounts and loyalty programs to help the stores earn more. This is only proof that Packworks will continue to drive the digital revolution in sari-sari stores.