It’s back to school once again and people have different reactions and emotions. Yes, we are slowly recovering from the pandemic, but are we back to normal😕 and are we ready for it? Hang in there because we’re still in the new normal phase, and we’re not virus-free yet, so just take things easy😁.
Back to School (Mixed Emotions)
- Most of them are EXCITED 😃 because it will be the first time after two years that the students will be able to mingle with their classmates, meet new friends, and listen to their teachers in person.
- Others feel FEAR 😨because they have been confined to virtual learning for a long time, and most of them are uncomfortable expressing themselves in the face-to-face class.
- Others are still RELUCTANT and prefer e-learning and modular because they are still afraid of the virus, especially for unvaccinated students. Others have financial concerns because having FTF classes would mean additional cost.
- Others are GRATEFUL 🙏because it is a sign that we are on the verge of a brand new start and good things are about to happen.
This past week, public schools began with the opening of their classes. Teachers, students and parents have prepared themselves, physically, emotionally and financially 🤣😂 Well, whether you like it or not, there’s no other option but to embrace it wholeheartedly and of course, GET READY for school!
Back to School Jitters
It’s normal to feel this way on your first day of school. When you get used to the routine, it will be easier for you, so go with the flow.
For the students:
- Be friendly, but still practice social distancing.
- Change your study habits. It’s more on FTF modality now, so make sure that you can do the tasks/homeworks assigned to you. This is a big challenge for students who excelled in the pandemic– if you are one of them, it means you have to prove everyone that you really deserve to be on the top. Use your learning resources at home to study, so you can recite in class–remember, you can’t google anymore in the classroom 😅
For the teachers:
- Brigada Eskwela is real! Most of you were working beyond school hours, even on weekends and holidays. It’s a sad reality that you also spend your own money to clean and decorate the classrooms 😔 It’s one of the things that DepEd should give attention to.
- If in the last 2 years, the challenge for most teachers is to become computer literate and well-versed in online apps, now, it’s back to the FTF, back to the old routine.
For the parents:
- Assist your child in their lessons, tasks, and other needs. If you are busy, you can tap tutoring service provider like Tutors’ Lounge.
- Ask your child about school– casual talk will do, just to know if your child is encountering a problem in school.
Back to School Essentials 2022
Of course, Back to School won’t be possible without Back to School Shopping! Last year, I shared some Back to School Essentials here, but that was when everything is virtual. Now that FTF transactions and activities are back, there will be some changes, and let’s face the reality that we need to adjust. Oops, no pressure, especially to those who are worried about the budget 😁 No need to shop until you drop because we only need the essentials! So, here is a guide of the things that you should prepare.
✅ Hygiene kit
We need to make sure that the kids are safe, so as parents, we need to invest in the following items.
- face mask 😷 (The kids can use washable para mas tipid!)
- sanitzer/alcohol (Let’s remind the kids to disinfect their hands before touching anything)
- clean handkerchief or face towel
- sanitary napkin for girls (The girls should be #NextPeriodReady 🩸anytime and anywhere, so extra pads should be in their bags)
Your kid needs a bag to store the books, notebooks and other school supplies. There is no need for you to purchase a bag if you still have a decent one to use.
✅ Writing supplies
Basically, these are the things that you should place in your kid’s bag.
- pen or pencil 🖋️✏️
- pad paper 📃
- notebooks📒 (no need to purchase if the school provides these)
✅ Clean set of uniforms
For private schools, it is a must to have school uniforms, but in public schools, the kids are entitled to a free set of school uniforms 🥋. It’s just optional if you would like to purchase an additional set.
Be ready for rainy days, so make sure that your kid has an umbrella in the bag ☂️
It’s still safer for kids to bring their own snacks to avoid queuing in the canteen and to avoid contact with other kids as well.
✅ Extra money
The kids should have cash for emergencies, but do not give them a large amount.
Reality Check: Are we ready?
We should be 100% READY. If you’re not yet ready, it’s alright to pause, but keep in mind of the following:
- We should prioritize our health. Eat nutritious foods and get enough sleep.
- Develop a good study habit. Allot a specific time to study and do your homework.
- Prepare a planner so you can easily manage your schedule and check the things we need. Prepare a checklist and organize all the things that you have to accomplish.
- Take a break on weekends. Make time for yourself and your family. Use your weekend to get yourself ready for the upcoming week.
It’s not yet back to normal, dear friends, so let us be extra careful. Let us remember that the only constant thing in this world is change, so always be prepared.
Ano ang Back to School kwento nyo? Ready ka na ba?
PROMO ALERT! ⚠️ Good news for #GenFree girls 👧👧👧👧
This 9.9 sale, Modess has exciting promos and deals for #GenFree girls so they can #BeNextPeriodReady as they go back to school. Add to cart now!