So it’s HOLY WEEK and it’s the time for you to have a few days break. What have you decided to do on these days? Are you one of those who went on a vacation and hit the beach or you have planned meaningful activities to observe this important event? First of all, we need to know why we observe HOLY WEEK.
WHY DO WE OBSERVE HOLY WEEK?
The answer is SIMPLE.
• It’s for us to recall the sufferings of JESUS CHRIST for us.
• To reflect about the mistakes that we have done.
HOLY WEEK TRADITIONS
As a kid, I remember these traditions during Holy week especially on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
- There were no regular TV programs. 📺 Biblical movies were shown instead on selected time slots.
- Only mellow songs were played on the radio. 📻
- The oldies used to sing “Pabasa ng Pasyon.”
- There were also people who exhibit the pain and sufferings of Jesus by reenacting the time when He carried the cross while some of the soldiers punished Him.
SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES FOR HOLY WEEK
• Educate the kids about the stories of Jesus and other Bible stories by letting them read or watch Bible stories. It’s very important to explain to the kids about the series of events that happened during Holy Week.
• Do some crafts and other creative activities that would remind them of the Lord’s sacrifices for us.
• Time to have a self-reflection.
• Though we associate Easter with bunnies and eggs, we need to elaborate that the true meaning of Easter Sunday is to celebrate Jesus Christ’s resurrection.
MY HOLY WEEK REFLECTIONS
Just this week, I have faced a very challenging and hopeless situation, but when I was about to give up, I have proved once again the Lord’s love is the greatest and indeed, there is a miracle.
I could have experienced this because Jesus would like me to learn an important lesson. I have been overwhelmed with the good things that I have experienced in 2021 and my careless actions resulted to extreme chaos. I think, it’s a way for HIM to assure that HE will never forsake me no matter what happens.
GOD IS WITH US!
If you still haven’t figured out yet, and if you are still confused why we need to take a break during HOLY WEEK, think again. GOD is with us! He wants us to have quality time with HIM . It’s not yet too late !